Monday, November 15, 2010

What We've Been Up To:

Where does time go? I just don't understand how it can already be the middle of November! Things that have happened in the last two weeks:

Zach and the new(ish) neighbor boy, J, got together and played twice. They seemed to get along really well. I'm so happy to now have a boy in our neighborhood that is Zach's age. (There is already a baby boy a few months older than Isaiah on our block.) I really like the J's mom too. It's so nice to meet a mom that I have things in common with - like the older stepkids and husbands, not a huge fan of toy guns/violence, etc - and nice to meet a mom my age with a kid Zach's age that doesn't have a whole lot of growing up left to do. Those seem to be kind of hard to come by. I'm hoping to find a time when just the mom and I can get out together, but I'm not sure when that might happen, seeing as how she works weekends. Hopefully we can do it sometime.

Isaiah turned six months old on November 13th. Wow. I don't know if I'm more in shock by the fact that my baby is already six months old or by all the things he has mastered before turning six months old: rolling over both ways (ok, no huge surprise there), sitting up without support, crawling, and the latest one - going from a crawling position to sitting all by himself. After trying so hard for not quite two weeks, he finally accomplished it on November 9th. At the rate he's going, he is going to be walking by the time he's 9 months old. Haha, if he waits that long! I'm anxious to go to his well-baby appointment this week and find out exactly how big he is now and where he falls on the growth charts. Breaking out and washing all the 12 month clothes for my big boy is one of the things on my ever-growing agenda for this week.

Jerome and I have been working on some home improvement projects. After going back and forth about replacing the trim in our house, I finally caved and agreed to let Jerome do it one room at a time. We started in the "playroom" (what is supposed to be the formal dining room) and the family room. It made sense because we were wanting to repaint both of these rooms. It got off to a slow start - I think Jerome might have been feeling a little overwhelmed on where to start once we got the existing trim off - but thanks to my wonderful sister and brother-in-law (and their kids :)) we managed to crank out most of the project over the past weekend. I'm torn between posting pictures now while it is almost done and waiting until it is actually 100% finished. I think I'm going to go with pictures while it is almost done, but it's going to need to wait until later tonight. Right now I have a kitchen that is waiting for me to finish cleaning. The playroom and family room are looking awesome, but the rest of the house and housework have been sorely neglected!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online