Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween and New Friends

Halloween was so much fun. Zach dressed up as Woody from Toy Story and really got the whole Trick or Treating thing this year. He amazed me by saying "Trick or Treat" to people when they answered their door - he normally is pretty shy and won't talk to most people at all. To see him get so excited was such a joy. Jerome's mom and K came over and answered our door so we could both go out with Zach for a bit. K dressed up in her Lady Gaga costume so we could take pictures of the kids all dressed up. She made a GREAT Lady Gaga, and even won $20 in a costume contest at a party she went to earlier in the weekend. And you can definitely tell Isaiah is not the first kid in the family - I only snapped a handful of pictures of him in costume, none of which were of him by himself. I'm blaming the fact that he fell asleep soon after he got his costume on, but still ... I think I might have to dress him up again and have a little photo shoot. No one will have to know that it was actually a few days into November, right?

Here are a few pictures of the kids in costume. The one of K and Zach is my absolute favorite! I may have to get it printed and frame it.

Photobucket
K, Zach, and Isaiah

Photobucket

Passed out before the action even started
While Trick or Treating, I made it a point to finally introduce myself to a family that moved in down the street a month or so ago. I'd been told by another neighbor that they had a little boy and are expecting again, so I was very excited to meet them but, being a little shy, I had never taken the initiative to walk down there and say hi. The mom was super friendly and it turns out we have a lot in common - older stepdaughters (1 for me, 2 for her), 3.5yo boy (me) and 4yo boy (her), both watch extra kids during the week. I told her to feel free to stop over and play sometime, and was feeling very excited about the prospect of finding a friend on a block that is primarily older couples with grown children and younger couples with no children. As we were walking to the next house, Jerome told me that I'd better make sure the house is clean in case they decided to drop by ... well, they decided to drop by today (super awesome) and my house was less than company ready. Oops! She didn't seem to mind too much, but I sure did! It was nice to visit with another adult though, especially on a day when I don't get a ton of adult contact since J has class tonight, and I think we hit it off fairly well. Lol, we even exchanged numbers. However, I do think it may be time I give the whole FlyLady thing another shot so that I can stop living in CHAOS ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online